This site documents my ongoing research to establish the origins of my mothers paternal great grandfather Arthur/George/William Courtenay/Courtney!
|Featured image: By Richard Rixon, 1841 – Saint, A., Guillery, P. (ed.), Woolwich – Survey of London, Volume 48, p. 60. Yale Books, London, 2012. ISBN 978 0 300 18722 9, Public Domain.|
Arthur George Courtney
- The facts about George or is it Arthur or William?
- The Mysterious Mr Courtenay? First published @ Wordpress 2018.
1871 Census - persons of interest
- Nurse Ann Muggeridge - aka Ann Rudd, nee Webster b1820
- Alberta Emma Beatrice Courtenay b1871
- Edith Mary Courtenay b1867
- Residents of 14 Sun Street, Woolwich - 1871
- 1871 - Middlesex Courtenay Families
- 1871 - Middlesex Courtney Families
1881 Census - persons of interest
- William and Jane Brown - Holdenhurst 1881
- Where are Abigail, George and Alberta in 1881?
- The Courtney's of Holdenhurst
The DNA of George Courtney
- Recreating the genome of Abigail Courtney
- Visual phasing of the 4 Roberts-Murphy siblings (children of Ted);
- Inferred mapping via 2 descendants from Roberts-Murphy sibling 5;
- Visual phasing of another 4 Robert-Courtney siblings (grandchildren of Jimmy);
- Determining Genetic Groups
- Eliminating the segments inherited from Abigail Courtneys mother Abigail Paice;
- Interrogating remaining segments though traditional genealogical research to identify common ancestors within triangulated groups.
DNA Triangulated Groups and Cluster Analysis
- Defining triangulated groups - Paice or Courtney?
- Walking Back the Clusters 2020 and more
- Middlesex: Descendants of Ann Muggeridge b1820 (aka Rudd, nee Webster)
- Middlesex: Connections to Muggeridge group - Webster/Kent
- Middlesex: Ancestors of Esther Taylor m John Williams. Could George be a Romany?
Theories and Possibilities
- The Delancey family connection
- What is the connection to Saint Helena?
- Who are our Waterford ancestors?
Theories: Lines in Contention
- George William Courtney b1839 m Elizabeth Duke
- George Courtney of Shoreham Sussex c1842
- Henry Courtney Esquire of Dublin c1801
- George Courtenay of Waterford b1847
- Maurice de Lacey Courtney c1838
- Arthur Courtney b1840, of Barton Stacey Hampshire
Possible Courtney Lines
- The family of George William Courtney c1814 Middlesex
- Romany families - 1841 Census, St Austell Cornwall, 1851 Census, Scotland
Irish Lines of Interest
- Courtenay's of Ballytrasna, County Cork
- Courtney's of Ballinrobe, County Mayo (probably includes Dublin line)
- Courtenay's of Lish, County Armagh (includes Waterford line).
Unlikely Courtney Lines
- Middlesex - Thomas Courtney 1790 and Elizabeth Merriman (ancestors of Abigail Courtney d1873). Not the same person as Alberta Courtney.
Eliminated Courtney Lines
- George Richard Courtney/Pountney, Brass Dresser, Staffordshire in 1881
- Michael James Courtney c1863 and Anna Agnes O'Brien, of Iowa - DNA match group
- George Court (GB)